Suva City Council
KEEP SUVA CLEAN CAMPAIGN
MONDAY 14th OCTOBER TO FRIDAY 25th OCTOBER 2013
A environmental clean-up campaign is being organized to assist residents get rid of white goods, e-waste, non-garden refuse such as drums, tires, tins, bottles, old refrigerators, stoves, washing machines and other discarded household items which are potential breeding places for mosquitoes.
The Suva City Council seeks the cooperation of all ratepayers and residents to assist in keeping our environment clean by actively participating in this environmental clean-up campaign.
THE COLLECTION SCHEDULE DETAILS ARE AS FOLLOWS;
MONDAY 14TH & TUESDAY 15TH OCTOBER 2013 – SUVA WARD
WEDNESDAY 16TH & THURSDAY 17TH OCTOBER 2013 – MUANIKAU WARD
FRIDAY 18TH & MONDAY 21ST OCTOBER, 2013 – SAMABULA WARD
TUESDAY 22ND & WEDNESDAY 23RD OCTOBER 2013 – TAMAVUA WARD
THURSDAY 24TH & FRIDAY 25TH OCTOBER 2013 – EXTENDED BOUNDARIES INCLUDING; CUNNINHAM SUBDIVISIONS – STAGES 1, 2, 3 & 4; NLTB SUDIVISIONS – TAMAVUA HEIGHTS & WAILOKU SUBDIVISION (CITY AREA); PRINCESS ROAD – BOTH SIDES FROM WAILOKU ROAD JUNCTION UP TO CUNNINGHAM ROAD JUNCTION
- Wherever possible residents are required to place all non-garden refuse in one heap separately, at a convenient and accessible point within your property.
- Depositing and / or placing of such refuse on the roadside after the trucks have passed through the streets is strictly prohibited and anyone caught in the act may be liable for prosecution under the Litter Decree
- Please clean up your compound prior to these schedule dates.
- Refuse arising from Commercial / Industrial premises and other large refuse such as derelict vehicles, vehicle parts and large metals difficult to be manually loaded will not be collected and generators of these wastes are required to make their own arrangements for their disposal with recycling companies or Landfill
- Residents are encouraged to practice waste minimization initiatives (3R – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle). Should you have some recyclable materials please directly contact Scrap Metal Buyers closet to you.
For further enquiries please contact Council’s Health Services Dept; ph 3313433 x 406, email: email@example.com
PLEASE HELP COUNCIL IN GETTING RID OF POTENTIAL MOSQUITO BREEDING CONTAINERS AND KEEP SUVA CITY
FREE OF MOSQUITOES
DIRECTOR HEALTH SERVICES
Acting Chief Executive Officer