MONDAY 6th OCTOBER TO FRIDAY 17th OCTOBER 2014
An environmental clean-up campaign is being organized to assist residents get rid of white goods, e-waste, non-garden refuse such as drums, tires, tins, bottles, old refrigerators, stoves, washing machines and other discarded household items which are potential breeding places for mosquitoes.
The Suva City Council seeks the cooperation of all ratepayers and residents to assist in keeping our environment clean by actively participating in this environmental clean-up campaign.
THE COLLECTION SCHEDULE DETAILS ARE AS FOLLOWS;
MONDAY 6TH & TUESDAY 7TH OCTOBER 2014 – SUVA WARD
WEDNESDAY 8TH & THURSDAY 9TH OCTOBER 2014 – MUANIKAU WARD
FRIDAY 10TH & MONDAY 13th OCTOBER, 2014 – SAMABULA WARD
TUESDAY 14th & WEDNESDAY 15th OCTOBER 2014 – TAMAVUA WARD
THURSDAY 16TH & FRIDAY 17TH OCTOBER 2014 – EXTENDED BOUNDARIES INCLUDING;
CUMMINGHAM SUBDIVISIONS – STAGES 1, 2, 3 & 4; NLTB SUBDIVISIONS – TAMAVUA HEIGHTS & WAILOKU SUBDIVISION (CITY AREA); PRINCESS ROAD – BOTH SIDES FROM WAILOKU ROAD JUNCTION TO CUNNINGHAM ROAD JUNCTION
- Wherever possible residents are required to place all non-garden refuse in one heap separately, at a convenient and accessible point within your property.
- Depositing and / or placing of such refuse on the roadside after the trucks have passed through the streets is strictly prohibited and anyone caught in the act may be liable for prosecution under the Litter Decree
- Please clean up your compound prior to these schedule dates.
- Homeowners are required to pack small items such as tins, bottles, etc. inside a sack or carton to allow easy and safe handling by collectors.
- Refuse arising from Commercial / Industrial premises and other large refuse such as derelict vehicles, vehicle parts and large metals difficult to be manually loaded will not be collected and generators of these wastes are required to make their own arrangements for their disposal with recycling companies or Landfill
- The normal monthly green waste collection service will continue as per normal schedule
- Residents are encouraged to practice waste minimization initiatives (3R – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle). Should you have some recyclable materials please directly contact Scrap Metal Buyers closet to you.
For further enquiries please contact Council’s Health Services Dept; ph 3313433 x 406, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE HELP YOUR COUNCIL IN GETTING RID OF BULKY WASTE AND HELP KEEP SUVA CITY CLEAN & GREEN
Acting Chief Executive Officer