Suva City Council
KEEP SUVA CLEAN CAMPAIGN
MONDAY 22ND OCTOBER TO FRIDAY 02ND NOVEMBER 2012
A environmental clean-up campaign is being organized to assist residents get rid of non-garden refuse such as drums, tyres, tins, bottles, old refrigerators, stoves, washing machines and other discarded household items which are potential breeding places for mosquitoes.
Hence this cleanup is geared to prevent the spread of filariasis and potential outbreak of dengue fever. The Suva City Council seeks the cooperation of all ratepayers and residents to assist in the control and prevention of these diseases by participating actively in this clean-up campaign.
THE COLLECTION SCHEDULE DETAILS ARE AS FOLLOWS;
MONDAY 22ND & TUESDAY 23RD 0CTOBER 2012 – SUVA WARD
WEDNESDAY 24TH & THURSDAY 25TH OCTOBER 2012 – MUANIKAU WARD
FRIDAY 26TH & MONDAY 29TH OCTOBER 2012 – SAMABULA WARD
TUESDAY 30TH & WEDNESDAY 31ST OCTOBER 2012 – TAMAVUA WARD
THURSDAY 01ST & FRIDAY 02ND NOVEMBER 2012 – EXTENDED BOUNDARIES INCLUDING; CUNNINHAM SUBDIVISIONS – STAGES 1, 2, 3 & 4; NLTB SUDIVISIONS – TAMAVUA HEIGHTS & WAILOKU SUBDIVISION (CITY AREA); PRINCESS ROAD – BOTH SIDES FROM WAILOKU ROAD JUNCTION UP TO CUNNINGHAM ROAD JUNCTION
* All residents are required to place all non-garden refuse in one heap separately, at a convenient and accessible point within your property, with exception to specific cases where-by special arrangement is made with Council, prior to the collection date relevant to your ward, for an alternative.
* Depositing and / or placing of such refuse on the roadside for collection is strictly prohibited and anyone caught in the act will be liable for prosecution.
* Please clean up your compound prior to these schedule dates.
* Homeowners are required to pack small items such as tins, bottles, etc. inside a sack or carton to allow easy and safe handling by collectors.
* Commercial / Industrial refuse such as derelict vehicles, vehicle parts and large metals will not be collected and generators of these wastes are required make their own arrangements for their disposal with recycling companies.
* Residents are encouraged to practice waste minimization initiatives (3R – Reduce, reuse, recycle). Should you have some recyclable materials please directly contact Waste Recycling Companies.
PLEASE HELP COUNCIL IN GETTING RID OF POTENTIAL MOSQUITO BREEDING CONTAINERS AND KEEP SUVA CITY
FREE OF MOSQUITOES
DIRECTOR HEALTH SERVICES
Acting Chief Executive Officer